Grilled Shrimp Recipe
One of the easiest ways to cook shrimp is grilling, especially during spring and summer months.
You can use all kinds of marinade to marinate shrimp.
I personally love seasoning that pack a punch of spicy kick and flavors.
This recipe is the best, juicy and absolutely delicious!
Other shrimp Recipes You Might Like
How to Grill Shrimp?
You can use an indoor grill or an outdoor grill to cook shrimp on the grill.
Both methods deliver delicious results but external grill lends mouthwatering smoky aromas.
First, marinate the shrimp with seasoning. I used butter, honey, smoked paprika and lemon juice as the main ingredients.
Next, use an outdoor grill or indoor grill to cook. You can also thread the shrimps using bamboo or metal skewers to make grilled shrimp skewers.
Grilled Shrimp Marinade
For this recipe, I used the following ingredients as marinade:
- Unsalted butter
- Smoked paprika
- Lemon or lime juice
The taste is spicy, sweet, savory and citrusy.
For the best results, please follow my cooking tips below:
- Size does matter when it comes to shrimp. Get jumbo shrimp or tiger prawn if you can find them in the stores.
- You may use shell-on or EZ peel shrimp.
- Do not overcook or else the shrimp will turn rubbery.
- Rinse the shrimp with cold running water and pat dry with paper towels before adding marinade ingredients.
Frequently Asked Questions
I Don’t Have a Grill. Can I Cook on Stovetop?
Yes, you sure can.
You may “grill” on stovetop using a cast-iron grill pan.
How Long to Grill Shrimp?
It takes 5 minutes to cook shrimp on grill, if you are using direct heat.
If you’re using indirect heat to BBQ, it will take about 10 minutes.
Can I Use This Recipe to Make Tacos?
Just assemble the shrimps with shredded cabbage on a corn or flour tortilla and you will have amazing tacos.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 255 calories per serving.
What to Serve with This Recipe?
Serve this recipe with side dishes. For a healthy meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) peeled, deveined, tail-on shrimp
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, for grilling
Grilled Shrimp Marinade
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Rinse the shrimp with cold running water. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Marinate the shrimp with all the ingredients in the Grilled Shrimp Marinade. Stir to mix well. Set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Fire up a grill. Place the shrimp on direct heat and grill for about 1-2 minutes on each side. Turn the shrimp over and grill for another 1-2 minutes. Turn another time and grill until they are cooked through, total time to grill shrimp is about 5 minutes.
- Remove grilled shrimp from the grill, serve immediately.
To make grilled shrimp skewers or kebabs, thread three (3) shrimps on bamboo skewers or metal skewers. To avoid burning, please soak bamboo skewers in cold water for a few hours before using.
Amount Per Serving Calories 255Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 270mgSodium 1210mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 0gSugar 4gProtein 26g