Sauteed Shrimp Recipe
I love shrimp recipes and one of the easiest ways to cook shrimp is a simple saute on the skillet.
When you have fresh and succulent shrimp, it’s just a matter of simple searing and sauteing to bring out the briny flavors.
These sauteed shrimps are juicy and bursting with flavors, seasoned with just salt (or soy sauce), white wine and black pepper. It’s that easy!
How to Make Sauteed Shrimp?
To saute shrimp, you will need a few simple ingredients:
- Minced garlic
- Salt or soy sauce
- White wine
- Ground black pepper
If you have big shrimp, you can slice the shrimp into halves. This will make sure that the shrimp are perfectly sauteed and cooked in a jiffy. Do not overcook the shrimp as they might turn rubbery.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Type of Shrimp to Use?
I used frozen fresh water prawn for this recipe, which you can buy from Asian supermarkets here in the United States.
Fresh water prawn have big heads and firm tails. Slice them into halves lengthwise before cooking, just like the pictures here.
You can also use gulf shrimp, jumbo prawn or tiger prawn for this sauteed shrimp recipe. For the best results, always saute the shrimp with its shell and head on.
The shell and head add so much flavors and nuance and aromas to the recipe. Dig in with your fingers and enjoy the shrimp.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 161 calories per serving.
What to Serve with this Recipe?
Serve this dish as a main dish with rice or noodles. For a healthy meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) gulf shrimp, jumbo shrimp, tiger prawn or fresh water prawn (shell on and head on, preferred
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste) or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- lemon wedges
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Rinse the shrimp with cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels. Use a pair of scissors to cut the legs off the shrimp. Slice the shrimp into halves, lengthwise. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet with the cooking oil. Saute the garlic back and forth a few time until sizzling, but not browned. Add the shrimp, shell side down first. Saute and cook the shrimp until the shell turn color. Turn them shrimp over and continue to saute.
- Add the salt (or soy sauce), black pepper and white wine. Add the parsley and turn off the heat. Dish out and serve immediately with lemon wedges. Squeeze the lemon juice over the shrimp before eating.
I used fresh water prawn.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 161Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 143mgSodium 934mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 16g