OLD BAY SHRIMP RECIPE
This easy and quick Old Bay shrimp recipe is the best seafood grilling dish for summer. It calls for only five ingredients and brings a mouthwatering meal to the table in less than 15 minutes.
These shrimp are juicy, succulent, and absolutely flavorful with the Old Bay seasoning. Enjoy this delicious dish with fresh lemon juice spritzed on top to jazz up the taste.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
This recipe is so easy to prepare and only needs a minimum of ingredients to make. Marinate the shrimp with only olive oil and Old Bay seasoning, and your meal is ready within 10 minutes.
It is a perfect recipe for an appetizer or main meal. Serve on top of green salad or a bowl of steamed rice to make a low-calorie meal. For appetizers, serve them with lemon or lime slices on the side.
With this recipe, you can use either an indoor grill or an outdoor grill to cook shrimp, and the taste is always guaranteed.
OLD BAY SHRIMP RECIPE INGREDIENTS
The best Old Bay shrimp are marinated with olive oil and Old Bay seasoning. Garnish with lemon (or lime) wedges and sprinkle chopped parsley on top for serving.
HOW TO MAKE OLD BAY SHRIMP?
You can either use peeled or shell-on shrimp, deveined with tail on.
Secondly, toss the shrimp with olive oil and Old Bay seasoning in a bowl. Theard the shrimp onto skewers. If you don’t have bamboo skewers, then you can skip this step. It won’t hurt the result.
Finally, cook shrimp with an outdoor grill or a cast-iron grill pan on the stove. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top.
For the best result, please follow these tips:
- Rinse and pat dry the shrimp with paper towels before adding marinade ingredients.
- Choose jumbo shrimp or tiger prawn for grilling. It will help you get the best and most juicy texture.
- Do not overcook; otherwise, the shrimp will become rubbery and dried out from the inside.
- Sprinkle more Old Bay seasoning on shrimp before serving if desired.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I use frozen shrimp?
Yes, you can use either fresh or frozen shrimp for this recipe. Thaw frozen shrimp in water and pat dry with paper towels before tossing with other marinade ingredients.
Can I cook Old Bay shrimp without a grill?
Yes, you can also saute shrimp by using a grill pan or skillet. Another way is to bake and roast them in the oven.
HOW MANY CALORIES PER SERVING?
This recipe has only 196 calories per serving.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 pound shrimp (either shell-on or peeled with tail on)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 lemon (for serving)
- Rinse and pat dry shrimp with paper towels. Toss shrimp with olive oil and Old Bay seasoning in a bowl. Thread shrimp onto skewers and set aside.
- Heat the grill pan on high heat, lay each skewer on the pan, and grill for 3 to 5 minutes per side until shrimp turn pink.
- Dish out. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and serve immediately with fresh lemon juice squeezed on top.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.