Coconut Fried Shrimp
Coconut shrimp is one of my favorite appetizers . There is nothing not to love about crispy and crunchy breadcrumb coated fried shrimp, with sweet coconut flakes, and served with a sauce!
You can bake the shrimp but nothing beats deep-frying.
Other Recipes You Might Like
How To Make Coconut Shrimp
In this easy coconut shrimp recipe, you will learn how to make these crispy shrimp with secret ingredients and tips. Homemade is so much better than Red Lobster and Outback restaurants, plus it’s also cheaper.
- Use jumbo shrimp or tiger prawn for the best results.
- For extra crispiness, coat the shrimp with beaten eggs, follow by sweet coconut flakes and panko breadcrumbs. Repeat for second coating.
- Add some sugar to the beaten eggs so every bite of the shrimp is bursting with sweet and juicy flavors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Coconut Shrimp Sauce
Is there a sauce to serve with the coconut shrimp? Yes, there is a dipping sauce. I like spicy Tartar Sauce as the dipping sauce. You can find the recipe below.
How Many Calories?
Each serving is only 391 calories.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This meal is best served with other appetizers recipes. For a restaurant-style party at home, I recommend the following recipes.
Pairs well with:
Coconut Shrimp Recipe
The best and crispiest coconut shrimp recipe with jumbo coconut shrimp that is better than Red Lobster. This easy recipe takes 20 mins and budget-friendly.
- 1 cup Japanese panko (preferred) or breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup sweetened dessicated coconut flakes
- 1/2 lb. jumbo shrimp or tiger prawn, peeled, deveined,tail on
- 2 beaten eggs + 2 teaspoons sugar
- oil for deep-frying
Spicy Tartar Sauce (Dipping Sauce):
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon chili sauce or to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1 squirt lemon juice
- 1Preheat the deep fryer to 350 Degree F.
- 2Mix the panko and coconut flakes in a shallow bowl. Set aside. Mix all the ingredients in the Spicy Tartar Sauce together. Stir to combine well. Set aside.
- 3Pat dry the shrimp with paper towels and dip each shrimp into the egg mixture, and immediately roll the shrimp with the panko and coconut flakes coating. Shake off the excess. Dip the shrimp into the egg mixture again, and immediately roll the shrimp with the panko mixture for second coating. Make sure the shrimp is well covered with the panko and coconut flakes. Place the shrimp on a plate lined with parchment paper. Repeat the steps for the remaining shrimp.
- 4Drop each shrimp gently into the oil. Deep fry until both sides turn golden brown. Transfer the shrimp out with a strainer and onto a plate lined with paper towels. Serve immediately with the Spicy Tartar Sauce.