Instant Pot Potatoes
Potatoes cook fast in an Instant Pot. This creamy Instant Pot potatoes recipe is a perfect side dish.
These creamy potatoes are crisp on the outside and soft, fluffy and tender on the inside.
Instant Pot Recipes You Might Like:
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken
- Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken
- Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Parmesan Pasta
Potatoes in Instant Pot
How to cook potatoes in Instant Pot? How long to cook potatoes in Instant Pot?
These are the most common questions about cooking potatoes using an Instant Pot pressure cooker.
To create enough steam to pressure cook potatoes, you need liquid.
For this recipe, I used chicken broth as the liquid. The cooking time is 10 minutes, with 2 minutes on Saute Mode and 8 minutes on Manual High Pressure mode.
How to Make Instant Pot Potatoes?
First, saute the potatoes until they turn crispy, then pressure cook on high in the Instant Pot with chicken broth.
I seasoned the potatoes with garlic, thyme, oregano, Italian Parsley, Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and lemon juice.
I finished the dish by adding whipping cream.
This recipe cuts the total cooking time to half as there is no need to use the skillet or the oven to roast the potatoes.
All in all though, I find Instant Pot to be a superior kitchen utensil to cook potatoes.
It’s so much easier and quicker to cook. In just 10 minutes, you’ll have potatoes with a soft and moist center and crispy exterior.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 357 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
Serve the potatoes as a side dish. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) baby potatoes, cut into halves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 tablespoon bottled grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute mode and wait until the indicator shows HOT. Add the olive oil. When the oil is fully heated, add in the potatoes, skin side up first.
- Leave the potatoes and cook for about 2 minutes, until the surface turns brown and crispy. Turn the potatoes over and repeat the same. Add the garlic, herbs, chicken broth, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper (if using) and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover the pot and select Manual and set to High pressure for 8 minutes. When it beeps, turn to Quick Release. When the valve drops, remove the lid carefully. Set the Saute mode, add the heavy whipping cream, stir well and reduce the sauce a bit. Serve the Instant Pot potatoes warm.
I used a 6-quart Instant Pot.
Amount Per Serving Calories 357Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 47mgSodium 492mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 6g