I made these baked honey garlic chicken bites a few weeks ago with the intention to post the recipe before Super Bowl but I totally forgot about it.
Never mind that Super Bowl is over because these addictive and absolutely delicious chicken bites can be made and served any time of the year!
They are so good as appetizer, light snack and even for dinner.
Other Recipes You Might Like
What’s so great about this honey garlic chicken recipe is that there is no deep-frying involved.
You coat the chicken with panko or breadcrumbs and bake in the oven.
In the meantime, you make the honey garlic sauce and toss them together.
Try this recipe, you will love it.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 320 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. (0.4kg) boneless and skinless chicken breasts, pat dry and cut into cubes
- ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko or breadcrumbs
- white sesame seeds, for garnishing
- chopped scallions or chives, for garnishing
Honey Garlic Sauce:
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper. Coat each piece of the chicken with the beaten eggs first, then roll in the panko. Repeat to nicely coat the chicken. Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until the chicken turn golden brown. You might turn the chicken pieces over to bake the other side.
- Mix all the ingredients for the Sauce in a small sauce. Whisk to mix well. Cook on low heat until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Transfer the chicken out into a bowl and add the Sauce mixture. Gently toss to coat well. Garnish with the white sesame and scallions/chives, serve immediately.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 320Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 154mgSodium 694mgCarbohydrates 23gSugar 21gProtein 27g