Spaghetti Pasta with Lemon and Basil
Perfect summertime pasta with fresh lemon and basil leaves. This delightful spaghetti is light, refreshing and absolutely delicious.
It’s August and summer is still in full gear. When the days are hot, you might not have a lot of appetite for food.
This Lemon-Basil spaghetti is a perfect summer dish as it’s utterly appetizing, made with the freshest ingredients and delightful.
Other Recipes You Might Like
This recipe is loosely adapted from Ruth Roger’s cookbook, which I found on People magazine. This dish is quick to make with a few ingredients.
The only cooking part is boiling the spaghetti. The dressing is made with olive oil, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, basil and fresh tomatoes.
Mix the cooked spaghetti with the lemon sauce and you will have a serving of this delicious Lemon-Basil spaghetti.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 320 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1/2 lb. (0.2 kg) spaghetti
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 oz. (115 g) cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Cook the spaghetti until al dente, according to the package instruction, about 9 minutes. Drain the spaghetti, set aside.
- Whish together the oil, lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
- Add the lemon oil to the spaghetti in a pot; toss until pasta is evenly coated with the lemon oil mixture. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, basil, lemon zest and diced cherry tomatoes, mix gently. Serve immediately.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 320Total Fat 49gSaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 33mgSodium 878mgCarbohydrates 91gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 30g