How to Make Lemon Chicken
I got a big bag of homegrown lemons from my good friend recently and decided to make this easy and amazing lemon chicken.
I love the light and citrusy flavors of lemon juice, and the natural tastes of the chicken intermingle together with it. It is absolutely delicious.
You can use chicken thighs or chicken breast, or even whole cut up chicken. First, season the chicken with a bit of salt and black pepper, then pan-fry to golden perfection on both sides.
Prepare the lemon sauce by using chicken broth and lemon juice. Finally, let the chicken simmer in the sauce. It’s that easy!
Ingredients for Lemon Chicken Recipe
- Chicken thighs
- Unsalted butter
- Olive oil
- Chicken broth
- White wine
- Lemon juice
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Lemon Dry out Chicken?
Yes, it’s possible for lemon juice to dry out chicken. However, with the use of oil, it counters the drying effect of lemon juice. If this still does not work, feel free to use lemon pepper or lemon zest.
Can You Leave Chicken in Lemon Overnight?
Marinate no longer than 2 hours, because the lemon juice can work against the texture. It is recommended to not marinate for this recipe.
How Many Calories?
This recipe has 585 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
This dish is best served with pasta or rice. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 2 lbs (1kg) chicken thighs
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic (lightly smashed)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- Season the chicken with some salt and pepper.
- Heat up a skillet and grease it with the olive oil. Pan-fry the chicken on both sides until nicely browned, but may not cooked through. Set aside on a plate.
- Add the butter into the skillet and saute the garlic. Put the chicken back into the skillet (including the juice sipping out of the chicken), follow by the chicken broth, wine, lemon juice and salt.
- Lower the heat and cover the skillet and let cook for about 10 minutes, turning the chicken over at 5 minutes mark. Top with some chopped parsley, turn off heat and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.