Garlic Creamed Spinach
Garlic Creamed Spinach – Creamy garlicky spinach that you can make in 15 mins and takes only 5 ingredients. A healthy and delicious side dish.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Garlic Butter Sauteed Spinach
- Spinach and Tofu Salad with Japanese Sesame Miso Dressing
- Garlic Bok Choy
Creamed spinach is side dish that I recently fell in love with. Last week, I was in South Pacific and the first hotel that I stayed at served an amazing garlic creamed spinach that I just couldn’t stop eating. It’s something very simple that goes with anything.
After I came home, I knew that I had to recreate this dish as I love spinach and spinach is one of the very few vegetables little G would eat.
So I got myself a pack of heavy whipping cream, a box of organic baby spinach and I developed this garlic creamed spinach recipe.
I love how simple it is to make this healthy side dish. It calls for the most basic five (5) ingredients and takes less than 15 minutes.
While many love their creamed spinach to be super soft, I love mine moderately cooked so the spinach still appear vibrant green but perfectly soft and wilted. Try my easy recipe, it’s really amazing!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 282 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 12 oz. baby spinach
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat. Add the butter and melt it. Saute the garlic until aromatic before adding the baby spinach. Stir and toss until they are wilted.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, water, salt and ground black pepper. Stir to combine well with the spinach.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes until the spinach becomes really soft but not over cooked. The spinach should retain a nice green (not purple). Serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.