I love scallops, especially seared scallops.
There is nothing not to love about them, so tender, juicy, succulent and briny, except the price tag when you eat out at restaurants.
Homemade seared scallops are so much cheap as you get 10x more in quantity.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Scallops are very easy to make at home.
All you have to do is searing them; in this seared scallops with bacon recipe, you use bacon to complement the flavors of the scallops.
They are heavenly!
As scallops are naturally delicious so all you need are some salt and ground black pepper, a squirt or two of fresh lime juice, some parsley and you have restaurant quality seared scallops.
The best thing is you get so much more instead of two pieces at restaurants.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 418 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 1/2 lbs (0.6kg) scallops
- ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- lime wedges
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Remove the ligaments attached to the side of the scallops. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels. Season both sides of the scallops with salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Heat up a skillet (cast-iron preferred) on medium heat and cook the bacon until the fat renders out and they become golden and crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet but keep the bacon fat in the skillet. Transfer the scallops to the skillet and pan sear each side for about 1 minute or until the surface turns crisp and golden brown. Turn to the other side and repeat the same.
- Add the bacon back, and squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top of the scallops. Top with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 418Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 6gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 110mgSodium 1625mgCarbohydrates 11gProtein 46g