Fajita is a traditional Mexican food. This homemade Chicken Fajita recipe is the closest to the ones at Mexican restaurants.
The chicken is so flavorful, juicy and much better than restaurants. When it’s served on the table side, I could practically hear the sizzling sound.
The sheer mention of fajita always get my mouthwatering. While I love traditional fajita made with skirt steak, I also love the version made with chicken. There is nothing not to love about well-seasoned chicken with spice, cooked over intense high heat on a hot cast-iron skillet.
This chicken fajita recipe takes a painless 20 minutes to make. The method is very easy. First, marinate the chicken with the the Fajita seasoning (chili powder, cumin, salt and ground black pepper). Cook the chicken in a skillet with oil before adding the onion, bell pepper and lime juice. This recipe is healthy and only 397 calories.
A good side dish for Fajita would be tortillas, corn or flour. I personally love flour tortilla, which I can fold my chicken fajita up easily by adding the chicken on the tortilla and serve immediately.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 397 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 12 oz. (340 g) chicken breast, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 heaping teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 heavy dashes ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Cilantro, for garnishing
- Lime wedges
- Marinate the chicken breast with the chili powder, cumin, salt and black pepper for 10 minutes.
- Heat up a cast-iron skillet and add the oil and butter. Cook the chicken until they are slightly blackened on the surface. Push the chicken to one side of the skillet then add the onion and bell pepper. Cook for 30 seconds and stir to combine with the chicken. Add the lime juice, stir to blend well. Top with cilantro and serve hot with some lime wedges and tortilla.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 397Total Fat 23.2gSaturated Fat 8.4gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 139mgSodium 477mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 2.1gSugar 4.6gProtein 37.5g