Summer comes early in my kitchen. Well, being here in California, we have been having warm weather since January, but I still can’t wait for the real summer to come.
There is a lot to look forward to, first of all, we will be going back to my hometown Penang, Malaysia for the entire summer in a few weeks time.
While I am away, Rasa Malaysia kitchen here in Irvine will be closed, and that’s why I have been developing new recipes and cooking up a storm before I head back.
I wanted to make sure that you will have fresh, new, easy and delicious summer recipes while I am gone.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Cilantro lime chicken is well-loved by many, and when you thread the chicken into skewers and turn them into kebabs, you have the juiciest, mouthwatering, and extremely flavorful meat-on-a-stick that you just can’t stop eating.
Garlic, cilantro, lime, dried chili flakes and olive oil are all you need for this cilantro lime chicken kebab recipe. Marinate it for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours for the best flavors.
Fire up your grill and grill for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through or slightly charred. However, you can easily make these kebabs in an oven at 400F for about 15-20 minutes.
What is the best thing about serving food on skewers? There is nothing to clean up! Now that’s the kind of food I will eat all year long. Bon appetit!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 86 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- bamboo skewers
- 1 lb (0.4kg) boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch paprika
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- lime wedges
- Soak the bamboo skewers with cold water.
- Combine the chicken, garlic, lime juice, chili flakes, cilantro, salt and paprika together, stir to combine well and that the chicken is nicely coated with the ingredients. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, stir to coat the chicken. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or best for 2 hours.
- Thread 3 pieces of the chicken onto the bamboo skewers. Fire up the grill and grill for about 10 minutes, using the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to baste the chicken. Remove from the grill when the chicken is cooked through and the surface is slightly charred. Serve immediately with some lime wedges.
You can grill these cilantro lime kebabs in an oven. Preheat oven to 400F and grill for about 15-20 minutes or until the surface are slightly charred.
Serving Size12 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 86Total Fat 5gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 24mgSodium 93mgProtein 8g