Alcohol adds depth and great aroma to food; as alcohol evaporates during the cooking process, it lends a nice nuance to the overall dish. It is subtle but it makes everything better, such as this tequila lime chicken.
This tequila lime chicken recipe is absolutely delicious, quick and simple to execute in the kitchen. It’s very versatile as you can make it all year round.
Create a sizzling hot dish using a cast-iron skillet or grill pan, bake in oven, or an outdoor grill. Either way, you will always be rewarded with juicy, moist, mouthwatering chicken for the entire family.
For those who can’t consume any alcohol, you can try my cilantro lime chicken recipe, which is similar but with no alcohol. If you love shrimp, you can try out my tequila lime shrimp recipe. Bon appetit!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 436 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 1/2 lbs deboned chicken thighs, skin-on (click to learn how)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- lime wedges, for garnishing
- chopped cilantro, for garnishing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Rub the garlic onto the chicken meat. Give it a good rub all over the meat and the skin.
- Whisk all the Marinade ingredients together in a big bowl, mix well. Add the chicken into the Marinade, stir to coat well. Marinate for 15 minutes but best for 2 hours.
- Heat up a skillet and pan-fry the chicken with the skin-side down until slightly browned. Turn over and pan-fry the other side of the chicken until slightly browned.
- Transfer the skillet into oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the the skin nicely browned. Broil the chicken for 1 minute or until the skin is nicely charred (as pictured). Transfer the chicken and the juice that seeps out after baking to a serving platter, squirt some fresh lime juice and garnish with cilantro, serve immediately.
Make sure you use an oven-safe skillet or pan before baking the chicken in the oven. You may also grill the chicken. For the chicken, you can use boneless and skinless chicken breast/chicken thighs or bone-in chicken thighs.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 436Total Fat 47gSaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 222mgSodium 564mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 37g