It’s almost that time of year again.
This time she baked these super cute and absolutely decadent chocolate bundt cake for us.
I love the small package and the idea that everyone gets their own mini cake to indulge.
Enjoy the season, happy shopping, baking, and eating! –Bee
Peppermint candies are so perfect for Christmas.
I see them on beautifully decorated gingerbread houses, in holiday bowls to share in the office and of course, sprinkled in a warm mug of hot chocolate, just waiting to be consumed.
It definitely puts you in the holiday spirit.
For that reason, I made up this recipe for Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes with Peppermint Frosting.
It is a decadent chocolate cake that is actually quite refreshing from the minty flavors of crushed peppermint candies.
I also use peppermint extract in the frosting to ensure every bite of chocolate cake is enjoyed with a hint of the red and white treat.
To make sure you use the right size bundt molds to bake in, mine were approximately three inches in diameter.
When filled, each held batter up to three-fourths of the molds.
Make sure you adjust your baking time if your bundt molds are slightly larger.
Happy baking this holiday season!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 241 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, (120 g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar, (200 g)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, (55 g)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda, (3.75 mL)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, (1.25 mL)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, (2.5 mL)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, (120 g)
- 3/4 cup milk, (180 mL)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, (120 mL)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar, (35 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract, (2.5 mL)
- peppermint candies, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 12 mini silicone fluted bundt molds (or pans) with nonstick spray, place on a cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the remaining cake ingredients one at a time, making sure to mix thoroughly in between each addition. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides as needed until thoroughly incorporated. Disburse the batter evenly between the bundt molds and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow the cakes to cool completely on a wire rack before removing from the molds.
- Using the whisk attachment, mix the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and peppermint extract on medium speed until the mixture thickens, but is slightly runny. Top each cake with the frosting and sprinkle with peppermint candies.
If you'd like to make a regular 10-inch bundt cake, double the recipe's ingredients and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees F for approximately 40 minutes.
Serving Size12 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 241Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 49mgSodium 134mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 1gSugar 20gProtein 3g