I love eggs and love trying out different recipes using eggs as the main ingredients. Egg is one of the most accessible protein; it’s also the cheapest and everyone has eggs in the fridge most of the time.
I have many egg recipe ideas and these sweet chili eggs are awesome. It’s seriously the best egg recipe and takes only 15 minutes from start to finish.
How to Fry an Egg?
Fried egg is the main ingredient of this recipe but how to make a fried egg?
As simple as it sounds, there are techniques involved in frying a perfectly cooked egg, with crispy egg white and a perfect round egg yolk in the center.
I am sure you have seen a fried egg with broken egg yolk and it ain’t pretty. Here are the tips and tricks of frying eggs.
- Use a non-stick skillet, if possible. Non-stick skillet makes perfect deep fried eggs every time!
- Heat up your skillet on high heat, or as soon as a swirl of smoke appears from the surface of the skillet.
- Use cooking oil generously. You want to make sure you have enough oil in the skillet so the edges of the white egg will form beautiful and gorgeous egg bubbles. This will ensure crispy fried eggs.
- Fry an egg, one at a time. Do not crowd your skillet with a few eggs if you want perfect fried eggs.
- Cook and fry the egg, uninterrupted for about 1 minute on each side. This will ensure that the egg yolk doesn’t break when you flip the egg over.
How to Make Thai Sweet Chili Eggs?
There are only three steps in this simple recipe.
First, fry the eggs and set aside. Next, you make the Thai sweet chili sauce.
To serve, combine and cook the eggs and sweet chili sauce together.
- Use bottled Thai sweet chili sauce such as Mae Ploy brand.
- Straight from the bottle, sweet chili sauce is too sweet. Dilute it with some water and add fresh lime juice for a citrusy flavor.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This egg recipe is only 169 calories per serving. It’s low in calories and packed with lots of nutrition and protein.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
This egg meal is best served with steamed rice and with a side dish. For an Asian-style wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Heat up a skillet and add 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Fry the eggs, one at a time until both sides are crispy and brown. Dish out and set aside.
- Clean the skillet with paper towels. Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil. Saute the garlic until light brown, then add the Thai sweet chili sauce, water and lime juice. Transfer the eggs into the skillet, turn the heat to low and cook until the sauce slightly thickens. Add salt to salt.
- Dish out the eggs and garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 169Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 163mgSodium 276mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 0gSugar 10gProtein 5g