This is the second week of back-to-school and my life has gone back to the same old routine again. Sending my son to school, shopping at the market, developing new recipes (click for dinner ideas!) for Rasa Malaysia as well as making dinner for my family.
While they are all great recipes but I am getting bored with the same old dishes, that’s why I shake things up a bit with this new Thai Baked Chicken Drumsticks recipe, which is absolutely delicious and a completely new flavor structure (a good way to introduce Thai cuisine to little G)!
He loves the moist, juicy, aromatic chicken and gave me two thumbs up after he had the first bite.
This recipe is an adaptation from the ever famous Gai Yang (Thai grilled chicken) which you can find all over Thailand or in Thai restaurants here in the US.
I simplified the recipe, made it with easy-to-get ingredients that you can find at regular stores. The taste? It’s OMG GOOD! Trust me.
Serve Thai Baked Chicken Drumsticks with:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 366 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Thai Baked Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
Thai Baked Chicken Drumsticks – juicy, tasty, moist chicken marinated with amazing Thai flavors and baked to golden perfection. So good!
- 1 3/4 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro stems
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- chopped cilantro leaves, for garnishing
- Thai sweet chili sauce, for dipping
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 3/4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon honey or Thai palm sugar
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1Preheat oven to 375F.
- 2Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Combine all the ingredients in Marinade, whisk to mix well to form a nice milky pale yellow mixture.
- 3Add the cilantro and garlic to the chicken, rub onto the chicken drumsticks with your hand. Add the Marinade to the chicken, mix to coat well and marinate for 30 minutes or best for two hours.
- 4Arrange the chicken on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, bake for 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve immediately with Thai sweet chili sauce.