This is the second week of back-to-school and my life has gone back to the same old routine again. Sending my son to school, shopping at the market, developing new recipes (click for dinner ideas!) for Rasa Malaysia as well as making dinner for my family.
For a few months now, little G has turned into an absolute carnivore who loves to eat meat. His favorite is chicken, duck and beef.
While they are all great recipes but I am getting bored with the same old dishes, that’s why I shake things up a bit with this new Thai Baked Chicken Drumsticks recipe, which is absolutely delicious and a completely new flavor structure (a good way to introduce Thai cuisine to little G)!
He loves the moist, juicy, aromatic chicken and gave me two thumbs up after he had the first bite.
This recipe is an adaptation from the ever famous Gai Yang (Thai grilled chicken) which you can find all over Thailand or in Thai restaurants here in the US.
I simplified the recipe, made it with easy-to-get ingredients that you can find at regular stores. The taste? It’s OMG GOOD! Trust me.
Serve Thai Baked Chicken Drumsticks With:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 366 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 3/4 lbs. (800 g) chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro stems
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- chopped cilantro leaves, for garnishing
- Thai sweet chili sauce, for dipping
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 3/4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon honey or Thai palm sugar
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Combine all the ingredients in Marinade, whisk to mix well to form a nice milky pale yellow mixture.
- Add the cilantro and garlic to the chicken, rub onto the chicken drumsticks with your hand. Add the Marinade to the chicken, mix to coat well and marinate for 30 minutes or best for two hours.
- Arrange the chicken on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, bake for 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve immediately with Thai sweet chili sauce.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 366Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 10gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 163mgSodium 1019mgCarbohydrates 6gSugar 3gProtein 32g