A few weeks ago when I had a party, someone brought over some baked chicken wings and little G ate like six of them. He ate all the chicken skin (his favorite) and the meat, and spat out the bones in one nice whole piece.
I was so impressed by his newly acquired skills, meaning his ability to eat bone-in chicken just like a grown-up now. I guess he has mastered his fine motor skills in the eating department!!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Since he likes wings now, I thought about making him an easy dinner with chicken wings.
He loves the combination of honey (he always asks for plain honey in a bowl and he would dip his fingers and “eat” the honey dry!), soy sauce, sesame seeds and thus I decided to make him this easy peasy slow cooker honey sesame chicken wings.
I got myself some organic jidori wings (jidori means free range in Japanese). The jidori wings are small or shall I say regular-sized, a clear sign that they are not hormone fed chicken.
The prep took 10 minutes of my time. I put all the ingredients into the slow cooker and set the heat level to high.
Three and a half hours later, I had the most amazing, fall-off-the-bone and absolutely delicious honey sesame chicken wings.
My boy devoured the wings during dinner. I packed the leftover for his lunch box at school. This is an amazin recipe for busy moms who don’t have a lot of time to cook. Bon appetit!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 360 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken Wings Recipe
Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken Wings – crazy delicious chicken wings in a sticky savory honey sesame sauce. 10 mins prep time & dinner is ready.
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken wings, drumettes and mid sections
- 1- inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cooking sake or rice wine, (optional)
- 3 dashes ground white pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce for coloring purpose, (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch plus 2 tablespoons water
- salt to taste
- white sesame seeds for garnishing
- 1Rinse the chicken wings with cold water, drained.
- 2Transfer the chicken wings and all the ingredients into a slow cooker. Stir to combine well.
- 3Cook on high heat for 3 1/2 hours. Turn off the heat, dish out, top with some white sesame, serve immediately.