Salmon Patties Recipe
Salmon patty is one of the best and easiest salmon recipes. They are also called salmon cakes.
It’s healthy and so easy to make at home. This salmon dinner takes only 15 minutes from start to finish!
This recipe calls for the following simple ingredients:
- Fresh salmon fillet
- Egg yolk
- Lemon juice
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
There is no flour, no crackers, no breadcrumbs or no mayo in the recipe. It’s completely carb free and keto friendly.
How to Make Salmon Patties?
It’s very easy to cook fish patties using salmon. It’s a simple 3 step process.
First, buy skinless, boneless and fresh salmon fillet. Next, blend the salmon and all the seasoning ingredients together to make a paste.
Finally, shape the paste into balls and flatten them into round patties. You can cook or fry them on a skillet. You can also bake in the oven.
The end results are juicy, moist and absolutely delicious.
For the best and juiciest salmon fish cakes, please follow my tips and tricks below:
- Egg yolk is the secret ingredient. After blending the fresh salmon with egg yolk and other seasoning ingredients, the patties will be airy, light and fluffy.
- Lemon juice makes the patties extra juicy. It also reduces and removes the fishy smell of salmon.
- Season well with ground black pepper and cayenne pepper. Both ingredients add mild heat to the salmon cakes.
- For low fat patties, pan fry with a little bit of oil or use an air fryer. You may also bake them in the oven.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Canned Salmon?
Yes, you can. However, with fresh salmon so accessible in grocery stores, I don’t recommend using canned salmon.
Do I Need Breadcrumbs or Panko in the Recipe?
You don’t need breadcrumbs or panko. However, you can coat them outside the raw patties before cooking or frying.
This will make the salmon patties extra crispy. However, it will also be more greasy and higher in fat and calories.
Can I Bake Salmon Patties or Salmon Cakes?
Yes, you can. Just follow the recipe and bake in the oven at 425F for 8 minutes.
Can I Use Air Fryer to Air Fry the Patties?
Yes, you can. Air fryer will be great for this recipe and make it even healthier and low calories.
How Many Calories per Serving?
Each salmon patty is only 155 calories per serving, with zero carb.
What to Serve with This Recipe?
Serve this dish with a dipping sauce such as sweet chili sauce or tartar sauce. For a healthy meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following ecipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 lb. skinless salmon fillet, cut into chunks
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil
- lemon wedges
- sweet chili sauce (for dipping)
- In a food processor, add the salmon, egg yolk, lemon juice, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Blend for 10 seconds or until all ingredients are well combined. DO NOT over blend. Transfer the salmon mixture into a bowl and mix well with the chopped parsley.
- Wet both hands with water and shape the salmon mixture into 8 balls. Flatten into patties.
- Heat up a skillet with the cooking oil on medium heat. Transfer the salmon patties onto the skillet. Cook 1 minute on each side, uninterrupted, or until the salmon patties are just cooked through. Transfer to a serving platter and serve warm with lemon wedges and sweet chili sauce.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.