On a weekly basis, we eat noodles (mostly spaghetti) about two or three times a week. You see, Little G’s favorite food is spaghetti, and if you ask him what he wants for dinner, his answer would probably be Parmesan garlic noodles.
So I have been switching up and make different variations so we won’t be bored of eating the same thing! But honestly, I desperately need a new recipe to add to the mix, badly.
So here is the garlic sesame noodles, inspired by Pioneer Woman. My sesame noodles recipe on Rasa Malaysia is made with a rich and creamy sesame sauce, however this garlic sesame noodle is flavored with soy sauce, oyster sauce, garlic, and sesame oil.
It’s the Asian flavored spaghetti noodle dish that is both appetizing and delicious.
This recipe is so easy, fuss-free, and you don’t even need to fire up a skillet to cook. All you have to do is cook the noodles, make the sauce, and then toss them together.
Easy peasy and no major cleaning and wiping of the stove top and kitchen counter.
The taste is savory and aromatic, from the garlic, sesame oil and sesame seeds. It’s great on its own or with chicken, shrimp, with a healthy serving of garlic bok choy.
I served this with the garlic herb sauteed mushrooms, a simple dinner that is both filling and nutritious.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 338 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 8 oz. (226 g) dry spaghetti
- 3 garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon white sesame
- 2 stalks scallions, roots trimmed and cut into small rings
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions until al dente.
- Mix all the ingredients for the Sauce in a small bowl, stir to combine well. Make sure the sugar is all melted in the sauce. Add the garlic and sesame, stir to combine well.
- When the spaghetti is cooked, drain with a colander. Transfer the noodles to a big mixing bowl, add the Sauce and scallions, stir to combine well. Serve immediately.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 338Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1004mgCarbohydrates 66gFiber 2gSugar 8gProtein 11g