I love asparagus as they are so healthy and always available at the market, especially this time of year when I can get tender and young asparagus.
The key to making a flavorful and delicious asparagus chicken lies in the stir-fry sauce. The sauce has to be savory, with the perfect balance of flavors, plus a bit of heat, which I lend it from Thai sweet chili sauce.
Another key technique is to make sure that you don’t overcook the asparagus. They should remain tender with a nice crunch.
This chicken and asparagus recipe takes only 15 minutes to make. Serve this with rice or simple noodles and dinner is ready.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 282 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 8 oz. (226 g) chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) asparagus, bottom stems trimmed
- Mix the chicken with cornstarch. Mix all the ingredients for the Sauce in a small bowl, stir to combine well. Set both aside.
- Heat up a skillet with the oil. Saute the garlic until aromatic. Add the chicken and stir-fry back and forth until the surface turns opaque. Add the asparagus and continue to stir-fry, for about 1 minute. Add the Sauce into the skillet. As soon as it thickens, dish out and serve immediately.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 282Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 72mgSodium 972mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 4gSugar 9gProtein 30g