Deviled eggs are basically hard-boiled eggs that are cut into halves and filled with an egg yolk mixture seasoned with mayonnaise, mustard, salt, etc.
These amazing Sriracha Deviled Eggs are unlike any classic ones you have. The filling is spiced with a doze of Sriracha chili sauce, giving the eggs a nice kick in taste.
How Far in Advance Can I Make Deviled Eggs?
To ensure freshness, you can make deviled eggs one day in advance. You can also make the hard-boil eggs one day before. You can make the egg yolk filling in advance, cover it up with plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator overnight.
Assemble the eggs when you are ready to serve them.
How Long Will Deviled Eggs Keep in Fridge?
After assembling, you can keep them in the fridge for up to one day. Just make sure you cover the leftover eggs with plastic wrap to avoid the filling from drying out.
Tips on How to Make Perfect Deviled Eggs?
- Make perfect hard-boiled eggs is the key. Place your eggs in a pot and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove the pot from the heat and set aside for 10 minutes. Drain the eggs and cool them in ice water before peeling.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the hard boiled eggs in halves. Wipe the blade with a wet paper towels until the blade is clean before cutting another egg.
- Pipe the filling instead of using a spoon. Piping creates beautiful flower shape and hence making your deviled eggs absolutely perfect.
These spicy deviled eggs are the best ever! With Easter coming up soon, make sure you make loads of these. Trust me, they will be gone right before your eyes and there won’t be any leftovers.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
Deviled eggs are picnic foods so other finger foods will go well with them. If you are having a picnic, I recommend the following recipes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 190 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Sriracha Deviled Eggs Recipe
Sriracha Deviled Eggs are the best deviled eggs recipe ever. Spiced with Sriracha chili sauce, these eggs are amazing, delicious and healthy. Make them for everyday or holidays.
- 6 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with enough water or at least 2 inches of water above the eggs. Heat on high until water boils. Turn off the heat, cover and set aside for 10 minutes. Rinse the eggs with cold running water continuously, for 1 minute.
Crack the egg shells and carefully peel under cool running water. Pat dry with paper towels. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites on a serving platter dusted with smoked paprika.
Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt, Sriracha and chopped chives, mash the egg yolks into a a fine filling.
Pipe the filling into each egg. Garnish the deviled eggs with the remaining smoked paprika. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Food Network.