Homemade Soft Pretzel Bites
Homemade soft pretzels are so easy to make, and this recipe is practically fail proof. Cut the soft pretzels into bite-sized pieces and you have these delicious and addictive pretzel bites that you just can’t stop eating.
This week is all about snacking! I shared donut holes recipe a few days ago and today, I am serving up these cute, fun and utterly amazing soft pretzel bites with cheesy sauce as the dip.
I am sure you are hungry at the very thought of them.
How to Make Pretzels At Home
Pretzels are really easy to make at home, you don’t have to be at the mall to have soft pretzels. I have a super easy and fail proof pretzels recipe, which you should try out.
To summarize, it involves 4 simple steps:
- Making the pretzel dough and let it rise.
- Shape the dough into pretzels.
- Cook the pretzels in hot boiling water with baking soda.
- Bake the pretzels in the oven.
How to Turn Pretzel into Pretzel Bites
This is an easy step and actually very fun. To turn pretzel into pretzel bites, do not shape the dough into the regular pretzel shape.
Instead, roll out the dough into rods and then cut the rods/logs into bite-sized pieces. Scroll all the way down for the recipe and step-by-step picture guide.
Toppings for Pretzel Bites
There are so many variations but I love the classic butter and kosher salt combination. You can’t go wrong with it.
All you have to do is brush the pretzel bites with egg wash, butter and top the surface with a sprinkle of kosher salt or course sea salt.
How Do You Serve Pretzel Bites
The options are unlimited. For savory pretzel bites, go with a cheesy cheddar sauce or cream cheese. If you like them sweet, coat them generously with melted butter and then cinnamon sugar.
Either way, they are absolutely delightful. It’s a snack that is both enjoyed by kids and grown ups. Enjoy!
Serve Easy Pretzel Bites with:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 450 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 7/8 to 1 cup warm water
- 4 cups water, bring it to oil
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or coarse salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place the flour, salt, sugar, instant yeast and warm water into a stand mixer bowl, beat with the dough hook until well-combined.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups of water and baking soda to a boil. Divide the dough into 4 portions.
- Roll each dough into a log and then cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1-inch length).
- Add to the boiling water, in batches, for 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and top them with the salt. Bake the bites for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- While the bites are in the oven, make the Cheddar Cheese Sauce. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and stir. Add the milk to the sauce pan and whisk. Add the cheese, whisking constantly until it is melted. Turn off the heat and transfer the sauce to a dipping bowl.
- Remove the pretzel bites from the oven, roll them in the melted butter. Serve immediately with the Cheddar Cheese Sauce.
Serving Size6 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 450Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 63mgSodium 1621mgCarbohydrates 46gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 13g