Crispy Chicken Wontons
Wontons are little morsels of ground meat wrapped in a wheat-based wrapper.
What Can You Fill Wontons With?
There are endless possibilities with the filling—ground pork (most common), chicken, turkey, vegetables, shrimp, seafood, or combinations.
These chicken wontons are filled with ground chicken, shrimp, and then deep-fried to golden perfection. Every bite is bursting with flavors. They can be eaten alone or with some dipping sauce.
What Do You Eat Wontons With?
Wontons are commonly served with plum sauce, duck sauce, or a sweet and sour sauce.
For this recipe, I serve it with Thai sweet chili sauce, which is perfect for the chicken wontons. Once you eat one you just can’t stop until you finish everything, so double up your portion and make a big batch because they will be gone in no time!
How to Prepare Chicken Wontons
Many people don’t like deep-frying but there is no way to have great wontons if you don’t deep-fry. This chicken wontons recipe is seriously good and so easy and quick to make, a total of 20 minutes including wrapping the wontons.
So, fire up your wok, pan, or deep-fryer because everyone is going to love these chicken wontons so much.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 155 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1/2 lb. (0.2 kg) ground chicken
- 1/4 lb. (0.1 kg) shrimp, chopped into small pieces
- 1 stalk scallion, cut into rings
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fish sauce (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 dashes ground white pepper
- 12 pieces wonton wrappers
- water, for sealing
- oil, for deep frying
- 3 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 pinch white sesame seeds
- In a bowl, mix the ground chicken, shrimp, scallion and cornstarch until well combined. Add the salt, fish sauce, sesame oil and white pepper. Stir to mix well. Set aside.
- Wrap the wontons with the wonton wrappers by placing a piece of the wonton wrapper on your palm. Add 1/2 tablespoon of the filling in the middle of the wrapper. Dip your index finger into some water and trace it on the outer edges of the wonton wrapper. Fold and pinch the edges of the wonton wrapper up and seal the wonton tight so there is no opening at the top and the wonton is securely enclosed. Watch the video below to learn how to wrap wontons.
- Heat up some cooking oil in a wok or frying pan and deep fry the wontons until golden brown. Serve hot with sweet chili sauce or eat plain.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 155Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 120mgSodium 565mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 16g