It’s Fall and it’s also game day season and I bet you all would love to have some sticky, spicy Korean chicken wings coated with the addictive Korean red pepper paste, or gochujang.
I am a huge fan of gochujang as I love fiery foods; the chili paste always makes everything so much better. Plus, who doesn’t love Korean food?
Other Recipes You Might Like
There is no need to deep-fry the wings in this spicy Korean chicken wings recipe. In fact, the active time of this recipe is only 10 minutes and the oven does all the work.
First you season the chicken wings with salt and pepper, then you bake them. While the oven is doing its magic, you mix together the sauce.
When the wings are all nice and crispy, toss them with the sauce, and you have the most amazing and delicious chicken wings appetizer that everyone loves.
This recipe is adapted from Food and Wine and the original name of these wings is Chicken Wings with Angry Sauce.
It’s aptly named as the they are reddish in appearance and spicy. Make a big batch of the wings when you are watching your games. Invite your friends over and hve some wings and beer. Enjoy!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 326 calories per serving.
Serve Spicy Korean Chicken Wings With:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Spicy Korean Chicken Wings Recipe
- 2-3 lbs. chicken wings, wingettes and drumettes only
- ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tablespoons Korean red chili pepper paste (Gochujang)
- 1/2 teaspoon Korean chili powder (Gochugaru)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- white sesame for garnishing
- chopped scallions for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (232°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, season the wings with salt and pepper. Transfer the wings, skin side up, on the baking sheets and roast them for about 40 - 45 minutes, until they are cooked through and crisp.
- In a small sauce pan, add the remaining ingredients except white sesame and scallions. Heat on low heat, whisk to mix well. Turn off the heat when it becomes saucy.
- Toss the baked chicken wings with the sauce, coat well. Garnish with the sesame and scallions. Serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
SO easy and SO delicious, thank you!