Korean Fried Chicken – My Favorite!
I am partial to fried chicken, all kinds of fried chicken. There is nothing not to love about chicken coated in a crispy, crunchy batter and deep-fried to golden perfection. Every bite is bursting with the natural and juicy flavor of chicken!
While I love American-style fried chicken, my true love is Asian fried chicken such as this spicy, savory, and absolutely finger-lickin’ good crispy Korean style fried chicken doused in the classic Korean red pepper paste “gochujang.”
Other Korean Recipes You Might Like:
Authentic Korean Fried Chicken Recipe
To make sure that my recipe is spot on, I researched and tried so many of them at Korean restaurants. I then developed the best recipe to share with you!
Trust me, they are exactly like the ones you would get at the restaurants.
Gochujang is Korean red pepper paste. It’s the most important ingredient in Korean recipes. It’s used as a sauce and marinade in many Korean food and lends the iconic red color to many dishes. You can’t make authentic Korean fried chicken without gochujang.
You can buy gochujang from Korean or Asian supermarkets. You can also find them at the international aisle of many supermarkets.
How to Make Korean Fried Chicken
The method is really easy. First, you coat the chicken with potato starch. Make the fried chicken sauce by mixing Gojuchang red pepper paste with honey and other ingredients.
Deep fry the chicken in hot oil (375F) until crunchy and crispy.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 335 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
This meal is best served with main dishes. For a wholesome Korean meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) chicken wings, drummettes and wingettes
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- oil, for deep-frying
- white sesame, for garnishing
- 2-3 tablespoons Korean gojuchang red pepper paste
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Season the chicken with some salt and black pepper, then coat well with the potato starch. Set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for Dressing together, stir to mix well.
- Heat up a Dutch oven, deep skillet or pan with 3 inches of oil. Heat the oil to 375°F (190°C). Coat the wings again and shake off the excess potato starch. Drop the wings gently into the oil and deep-fry until light brown or when they are cooked and become crispy. Remove the wings from the oil and drained on paper towels. Combine the Dressing and the wings, toss to coat well. Garnish with the sesame and serve immediately.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 335Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 63mgSodium 413mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 2gSugar 14gProtein 18g