I love all sorts of dumplings: boiled, steamed, and pot stickers. Just about any dumplings would make my stomach happy.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Last week, I was craving for some dumplings and decided to make some kimchi dumplings, using the leftover kimchi in my fridge.
Oh boy, what a great combination by combining the traditional filling (I used ground pork) with kimchi and Korean sweet potato noodles. The dumplings were delicious as always, but with a tint of spiciness from the kimchi…so scrumptious, addictive and I couldn’t stop eating them.
For the dumplings, I made them potstickers style. First, I make the dumplings using store-bought dumpling wrappers and then slowly fill each wrapper with the filling, then fold and pleat them into the beautiful shape you see on the pictures here.
Kimchi dumplings are super delicious and the recipe is easy to follow. Add some Korean flavors into your regular dumplings and enjoy!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 257 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 pack dumpling wrappers (round-shaped)
- Oil for pan-frying
For the Filling:
- 1 oz. bunch Korean dried sweet potato noodles
- 8 oz. ground por
- 2 oz. kimchi, squeeze and discard the excess kimchi juice and then finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 dashes white pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- Chinese black vinegar or Japanese ponzu for dipping
- Chopped Scallion
- Sesame seeds
- Cook the sweet potato noodles by following the packaging instructions. Once cooked, rinse with cold water, drained, pat dry with paper towels and roughly chopped them into short strands.
- Make the Dipping Sauce by combining all ingredients together in a small dip bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the chopped sweet potato noodles with the rest of the Filling ingredients. Stir to combine well until the filling becomes sticky and all mixed together.
- To assemble the dumplings, place a piece of the wrapper on your palm and spoon 1/2 heaping tablespoon of the filling onto the center of the wrapper. Do not overfill. Dip your index finger into a small boil of water and moisten the outer edges of the wrapper. Fold the dumpling to form a half-moon shape and then pinch to from about 5-6 pleats.
- Press and seal tightly. Arrange the wrapped dumplings on a plate lined with parchment paper to avoid the dumpling from sticking to the bottom of the plate. Repeat the steps above until the filling is used up.
- Heat some oil in a small skillet or pan over low to medium heat. Arrange 8 dumplings on the skillet or pan. Pan-fry the dumplings until the bottom turns light brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn over and pan-fry the other side until light brown. Cover the skillet or pan with its lid while cooking. Repeat the same until all dumplings are cooked. Serve the dumplings warm with the Dipping Sauce.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
Amazing. It looks delicious. I can’t wait to try it.
Thank you for sharing!
Hi, love your yummy recipes. My wife loves your cooking style & me too. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
This is a very nice post. It is also very helpful for us. I have been searching this types of the recipe article because I need a recipe information. I am collecting various recipe information. Some days ago I read an article about Kimchi Dumplings, but this post is better than post.
Irresistible appeal of this dish, I wish my husband made this dish for me, lol
Lol, print out the kimchi dumplings recipe for him.
Yummy and testy post and food too, thank you such a nice sharing.
This food actually looks healthy and tasty. Maybe i will give it a try
Sure, try it!! :)
i love food and really foody people are the best people in te world
Yummy, best post on food, enjoying on this post thank you.