We are all lazy some days and just want a quick and convenient dinner. This Dry Rub Baked Chicken is for those days because the recipe takes only 10 minutes prep time and calls for only 3 main ingredients.
The cooking is done by the oven, so you can sit on your couch, watch a game or catch up on Netflix.
These chicken drumsticks are absolutely amazing. Dry rub imparts amazing flavors to the chicken. There is no marinade time.
All you need is a little bit of salt on the chicken before you rub the chicken with the dry rub. Bake them in the oven while you laze on your couch.
Other Recipes You Might Like
How to Make Dry Rub
I have the best DIY homemade dry rub recipe ever. It calls for only 7 ingredients and you can make your own dry rub for chicken, ribs, steaks, pork, turkey and meats. Click here to check out my dry rub recipe.
How to Make Juicy Baked Chicken?
- For this dry rub chicken recipe, I baked them in the oven at 375F for 30 minutes.
- Some chicken legs are larger and it may take 35 – 40 minutes to cook through. I always buy organic chicken, as the chicken drumsticks are smaller and the meat is juicier and more tender.
- Brush the chicken with a bit of olive oil at 20 minutes mark. This will keep the skin moist with a glistening sheen.
- Do not over cook the chicken, they are already dead! Check for doneness at 30 minutes mark. Cut a slit on the meat to check the inside of the chicken. If it’s still bloody, baked for another 5 or 10 minutes.
Dipping Sauce and Side Dishes for Baked Chicken
- To serve, dip the chicken drumsticks in bottled BBQ sauce and you will have an all-American chicken dinner.
- Steamed rice or Easy Spaghetti is great with these chicken drumsticks.
- Crispy Roasted Potatoes will be a great side.
- Green and leafy Garlic Butter Sauteed Spinach.
- Check “Recipe Pairing Ideas” below for more ideas.
Serve Dry Rub Baked Chicken with:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 329 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Dry Rub Baked Chicken Recipe
Dry Rub Baked Chicken - the easiest and quickest oven-baked chicken drumsticks. Just coat the chicken with dry rub, salt and dinner is done. Prep time is only 10 minutes!
- 2 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 2 - 3 tablespoons meat dry rub
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
Preheat oven to 375F.
Rinse the chicken drumsticks with cold water, drain and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the dry rub generously onto the skin and meat of the drumsticks.
Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven. At 20 minutes mark, take the chicken out and brush the chicken with olive oil. Turn the chicken drumsticks to the other side and bake for another 10 minutes.
Check doneness of the chicken by cutting a slit through the meat. If the meat is not cooked through, bake for another 5-10 minutes. Serve the chicken with BBQ sauce.
To make the dry rub, please follow my homemade dry rub recipe. You can also buy bottled dry rub from grocery stores in the spices aisle.
Do not discard the chicken dripping on the baking sheet. Save the dripping by scooping it up and pour it over the chicken.
You can grill the chicken on an outdoor or indoor grill.