We are all lazy some days and just want a quick and convenient dinner. This Dry Rub Baked Chicken is for those days because the recipe takes only 10 minutes prep time and calls for only 3 main ingredients. The cooking is done by the oven, so you can sit on your couch, watch a game or catch up on Netflix.
These chicken drumsticks are absolutely amazing. Dry rub imparts amazing flavors to the chicken. There is no marinade time. All you need is a little bit of salt on the chicken before you rub the chicken with the dry rub. Bake them in the oven while you laze on your couch.
How to Make Dry Rub
I have the best DIY homemade dry rub recipe ever. It calls for only 7 ingredients and you can make your own dry rub for chicken, ribs, steaks, pork, turkey and meats. Click here to check out my dry rub recipe.
How to Make Juicy Baked Chicken?
- For this dry rub chicken recipe, I baked them in the oven at 375F for 30 minutes.
- Some chicken legs are larger and it may take 35 – 40 minutes to cook through. I always buy organic chicken, as the chicken drumsticks are smaller and the meat is juicier and more tender.
- Brush the chicken with a bit of olive oil at 20 minutes mark. This will keep the skin moist with a glistening sheen.
- Do not over cook the chicken, they are already dead! Check for doneness at 30 minutes mark. Cut a slit on the meat to check the inside of the chicken. If it’s still bloody, baked for another 5 or 10 minutes.
Dipping Sauce and Side Dishes for Baked Chicken
- To serve, dip the chicken drumsticks in bottled BBQ sauce and you will have an all-American chicken dinner.
- Steamed rice or Easy Spaghetti is great with these chicken drumsticks.
- Crispy Roasted Potatoes will be a great side.
- Green and leafy Garlic Butter Sauteed Spinach.
- Check “Recipe Pairing Ideas” below for more ideas.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Recipe Pairing Ideas
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE
Latest Giveaways: Enter to Win
SUBSCRIBE TO RASA MALAYSIA NEWSLETTER AND GET EASY AND DELICIOUS RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX. If you try my recipe, please use hashtag #rasamalaysia on social media so I can see your creations! Follow me on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for new recipes, giveaways and more.
All photos and recipes on Rasa Malaysia are copyright protected. Please do not use the photos and recipes without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words instead of copy and paste and link back to https://rasamalaysia.com/dry-rub-baked-chicken/. Thank you very much!