Peach Tart Recipe
Spring is the season where you find amazing produce such as peaches, apricots, plums, etc. It’s the best time of year to bake up a storm and make amazing tarts, such as this rustic peach tart that will have you begging for more.
How to Make a Peach Tart?
For the peach fillings, you can use canned peaches but I don’t recommend them. With fresh peaches in season, you should definitely use them for the best results. You can also caramelize the peaches for the filling.
One thing I love most about this French tarte peach is that it’s not too sweet; you can really taste the natural sweetness of the peaches.
Sprinkle some sugar on top of the peaches before baking is the secret that makes the tart especially mouthwatering. Every bite is fresh and pure enjoyment.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This tart is best served along with a ice cream, with a cup of your favorite coffee or tea. If you are having an afternoon tea party, I recommend the following recipes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 196 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, plus 2 tablespoons melted butter (6 ounces)
- 1/3 cup ice water
- powdered sugar, (optional)
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh peaches
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, mix the flour, salt and butter on low speed for 2 minutes, slowly add ice water until the dough becomes a ball.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead 2 or 3 times, just until it comes together. Pat the dough into a disk. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough into a 16- to 17-inch round about 1/4 inch thick. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll the dough around the rolling pin and transfer onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Peach Filling: wash and, if needed, rub the peaches to remove any fuzz. Cut the peaches in half, remove the pits, and cut into thick 1-inch slices. Place the peach slices in a large bowl and season with the salt. Then add 3 tablespoons sugar and gently toss to combine. Arrange the peach slices on the pastry, placing them as close together without overlapping the slices too much. Leave about a two inch wide outside border. Gently fold the edges of the pastry up and over the peaches, pleating as necessary. Make sure to seal any cracks in the pastry.
- Bake the tart in the center of the oven for 1 hour, or until the peaches are tender and golden and the crust is cooked through. Let the tart cool slightly before serving. Dust with powdered sugar, optional.
The filling recipe is adapted from Joy of Baking.
Serving Size12 slices
Amount Per Serving Calories 196Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 30mgSodium 30mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 1gSugar 9gProtein 2g