Banana Bread is one of my favorite baking recipes for breakfast, afternoon tea or as a late night snack. It’s so good with a cup of tea or coffee; I could always have a slice or two of banana bread.
Now, what’s better than regular banana bread? Cheesecake Banana Bread. Yes, imagine extra layer of creamy cheesecake in the middle of the aromatic, moist and sweet banana bread. This is the holy grail of banana bread recipe!
This Cheesecake Banana Bread recipe is from Delish. As you can see from the pictures, it’s moist, loaded with bananas with a nice swirl of cream cheese “cheesecake” layer inside each piece of the banana bread. It’s so yummy!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
How to Make Cream Cheese Banana Bread?
To create the cheesecake or cream cheese layer, you will need a Cream Cheese Filling with the following ingredients:
- Cream cheese
To make the swirl, you want to layer the banana bread batter in the following order:
- First layer: Banana Bread Batter
- Second layer: Cream Cheese Filling
- Third layer: the remaining Banana Bread Batter
Voila, there you have it. This recipe is very simple, novice baker friendly and fail-proof. Try it and let the mouthwatering aroma of this Cheesecake Banana Bread fills the kitchen. Happy baking!
Serve Cheesecake Banana Bread With:
For a complete afternoon tea party, please make the following:
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 479 calories per serving.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Cheesecake Banana Bread
Banana Bread Batter
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter (plus more for greasing the loaf pan (1 stick or 4 oz. butter))
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (plus more for dusting the loaf pan)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs (plus 1 large egg yolk divided)
- 3 ripe (480 g bananas)
Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C) and butter and flour a 9"-x-5" loaf pan. In a bowl, mash the bananas with a masher. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar, melted butter, buttermilk, vanilla extract, 1 egg and 1 egg yolk and mix until smooth. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients above and stir until combined, then fold in the mashed bananas.
- Make Cream Cheese Filling: In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 1 egg, cream cheese, and 2 tablespoons flour and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Transfer half the batter to the loaf pan. Dollop the Cream Cheese Filling on top and smooth in an even layer with a spatula. Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake until deeply golden and a toothpick comes out clean, 1 hour. Let cool at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
Can I use Chiquita banana bread mix, and if so, is there any other alterations I can/should make or add?
No please follow the recipe.
I have made this catastrophically incredible bread now over 20 times it freezes in individually wrapped plastic wrap and then in a freezer ziplock for daily gifts to self and friends yum yum it’s a super hit follow directions exactly enjoy and THANK YOU I use so many rasa Malaysia recipes- NEVER FAIL – all are out of this world!,,
Thanks for your support!
I skipped the buttermilk and baking soda (just didn’t have any) and used a teaspoon of baking powder. The instructions were spot on and my banana cheesecake was absolutely moist and delicious. I wish I could upload a picture. Thank you for the recipe.
Should this be stored in the fridge because of the cream cheese?
Yes you can store it.
May I know if we can substitute buttermilk with something like almond milk, normal milk etc?
Bee…YOU’RE the Bomb !!! This recipe is just AMAZING. I’ve always made banana bread for other’s, I was never a fan until NOW. THANK YOU! This IS THE MOST delicious, scrumptious banana bread recipe there ever was… YUM!
Can this cheese cake banana bread be frozen?
Yes you can. Just heat up in a toaster oven before serving. Just wrap tightly and freeze.
You provide alternate measurements for the other ingredients, but not the flour.
How many GRAMS of flour?
You can convert yourself here: https://rasamalaysia.com/conversion/
I have made this dozens of times, its always delicious. I really appreciate you giving a weight for the bananas, they vary so much in size. I had to use 5 and a half bananas to get the rquired weight just now. Love all of your recipes, ive been a fan for years!