Joanna has been a reader and supported of Rasa Malaysia for many years, she was one of the recipe testers for my Easy Chinese Recipes cookbook.
A couple of weeks ago, I posted a message on Rasa Malaysia Facebook as I was looking for a virtual assistant and Joanna reached out to me.
One thing leads to another…I am so happy to announce that Joanna is now part of the Rasa Malaysia team, together with my other amazing contributor CP Choong.
Joanna is super talented and her baking blog Baked by Joanna is gorgeous and loaded with beautiful photography and her baked goods.
Check it out and please welcome Joanna as she shares this sinfully decadent M&M Oreo Cookies.
Joanna was quite excited to try out the Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars recipe from Averie Cooks.
It’s the perfect concoction for using the rest of your leftover sweets.
When you try these, you can prepare them as directed by the recipe.
Or you can be adventurous and switch out the Oreos for graham crackers or chocolate covered pretzels.
The same goes for the M&M’s, which can be replaced with your favorite candy.
It’s simple and a versatile treat that you’re sure to make over and over again.
I am sure kids and adults alike will love this wonderful M&M Oreo cookie bars.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 302 calories per serving.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 16 Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup M&M's
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Line an 8"x8" baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter.
- Allow the butter to sit for 1 minute before whisking in the egg. Then whisk in the brown sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined; don't overmix.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Layer the Oreos, and then pour the remaining batter evenly over the cookies. Use a spatula to spread the batter, if needed. Evenly sprinkle the M&Ms over the top and lightly press them down with your finger.
- Bake for approximately 20 to 22 minutes. The top should be set and edges slightly firm. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Allow the bars to cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.