Angku Kuih (Red Tortoise Cake)
and Updates on Facebook Daily!
Green Bean Filling
- Steam green bean over boiling water for 30-40 minutes till soft.
- Blend or mashed green bean till become a paste.
- In a wok, combine green bean paste, sugar and oil. Stir on low medium heat till thick and do not stick to your hands.
- Cool it and shaped into 30 balls of about 20g. ( The size of filling will depend on the size of your mould).
1/8 tsp Wilton orange coloring
200g Wheat starch ( Tung Mein Fun)
500g Boiling Water
500g Glutinous Rice Flour
100g Mashed Orange Color Sweet Potato
- Mix coloring, wheat starch and water. Stir till blended.
- Add in boiling water and mix till smooth and become translucent.
- Add in sugar, glutinous rice flour, sweet potatoes and water gradually. Knead till combined.
- Slowly add in oil and keep on kneading till smooth and do not stick onto your hands.
To Make Angku
1 banana leaf, cut into rectangle to fit the angku mould
3 Tbsp oil
- Lightly grease the cut banana leaves with oil.
- Divide skin dough into 30 pieces. Flatten each dough into 1/4 inch thick and wrap the filling inside. Roll into a ball.
- Lightly dust the Angku mould with glutinous rice flour. Press the dough ball into the mould and lightly knock it out.
- Place Angku on the banana leaf.
- Steam over boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Brush the surface of the cooked Angku with oil to give it a glossy look.
Click Images Below for Similar Recipes:
Sign Up for Email Updates
Enter your email for new updates: recipes, giveaways, and more!