Mexican Coffee Bun (Rotiboy)August 1st, 2011Recipes, Baking Recipes, Recipes, Malaysian Recipes, Recipes51 Comments
Mexican Coffee Bun Recipe
For the Bun
500g Bread Flour
80g Castor Sugar
20g Milk Powder(optional)
10g Dry Yeast
280ml Water + 1 large Egg
- Add all the dry ingredients. Mix it thoroughly.
- Gradually add in water and egg mixture and knead on medium speed for about 10 minutes. (Use the DOUGH HOOK)
- Slowly add in butter and continue kneading till you get a shining and elastic dough. (Note: Dough should be able to stretch without breaking)
- Cover dough with a cloth. Leave to proof for about 40 minutes or till dough has doubled in size.
- When dough is proofing, prepare topping.
150g Powdered Sugar (Sieved)
3 Large Eggs (Lightly beaten)
200g Cake Flour
1TBSP Instant Coffee + 2TBSP Hot Water or 3 TBSP Espresso
1TBSP Coffee Liquor or 1 TBSP Coffee Essence (optional)
- Beat butter and sugar till pale in color.
- Gradually add in egg.
- Fold in flour on low speed.
- Add in coffee mixture and liquor. Mix till combined. Set aside.
100g of Real Butter
To Make Bun:
- Remove the dough and on a lightly floured surface, punch dough down to release the air.
- Divide dough in 25 grams each. Roll it out in to a small circle and insert 1 tsp butter into each bun. Wrap it up.
- Leave the ready bun to proof for about 45 minutes or double in size.
- Put the cream topping into a pipping bag and pump out the cream in circles around the bun.
- Bake at 215 Celsius for 18 minutes.
Use the Conversion tool to convert the measurement.