Mexican Coffee Bun (Rotiboy)August 1st, 2011Recipes, Baking Recipes, Recipes, Malaysian Recipes, Recipes59 Comments
Mexican Coffee Bun Recipe
Contributor: Ho Siew Loon
Recipe Source: Flavours Magazine, Malaysia
For the Bun
500g Bread Flour
80g Castor Sugar
20g Milk Powder(optional)
10g Dry Yeast
280ml Water + 1 large Egg
- Add all the dry ingredients. Mix it thoroughly.
- Gradually add in water and egg mixture and knead on medium speed for about 10 minutes. (Use the DOUGH HOOK)
- Slowly add in butter and continue kneading till you get a shining and elastic dough. (Note: Dough should be able to stretch without breaking)
- Cover dough with a cloth. Leave to proof for about 40 minutes or till dough has doubled in size.
- When dough is proofing, prepare topping.
150g Powdered Sugar (Sieved)
3 Large Eggs (Lightly beaten)
200g Cake Flour
1TBSP Instant Coffee + 2TBSP Hot Water or 3 TBSP Espresso
1TBSP Coffee Liquor or 1 TBSP Coffee Essence (optional)
- Beat butter and sugar till pale in color.
- Gradually add in egg.
- Fold in flour on low speed.
- Add in coffee mixture and liquor. Mix till combined. Set aside.
100g of Real Butter
To Make Bun:
- Remove the dough and on a lightly floured surface, punch dough down to release the air.
- Divide dough in 25 grams each. Roll it out in to a small circle and insert 1 tsp butter into each bun. Wrap it up.
- Leave the ready bun to proof for about 45 minutes or double in size.
- Put the cream topping into a pipping bag and pump out the cream in circles around the bun.
- Bake at 215 Celsius for 18 minutes.
Use the Conversion tool to convert the measurement.