and Updates on Facebook Daily!
Sausage Rolls Recipe
300g bread flour
5g instant dried yeast
6 g salt
30g unsalted butter, room temperature
1 egg plus whole milk, about 220-230g
8 pieces sausages
1 egg white + 2 teaspoons water, for egg wash
- Put ½ portion of the flour and yeast in a bowl and combine. Add the sugar and salt and mix well.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture into the bowl. Use a large spoon (or pastry scraper) to mix everything together.
- Put the remaining ½ portion of the flour into the bowl and knead briefly to combine all the ingredients.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and knead. You will feel the dough become elastic after kneading for about 5 minutes.
- Add the butter and knead the dough for 5-10 minutes or until the dough is soft, pliable, smooth and slightly shiny, almost satiny. You can also try stretching part of the dough, if it stretches into a thin sheet without breaking, the dough is ready.
- Put the dough into a lightly buttered bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Let the dough rise in a warm place until its size doubles (1 – 1 ½ hour depending on the room temperature).
- Take the dough out of the bowl, deflate it by touching lightly.
- Cut the dough into 8 pieces, roll into a ball, cover with a damp cloth and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into long cylinders, about 40cm in length (depends on the length of the sausage). Roll to enclose the sausage, with the end of the dough facing down.
- Place the rolls on a tray lined with parchment paper. Cover the rolls and let it rise until it almost doubles in size. Brush lightly with some egg wash. Preheat the oven to 200°C and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the rolls turn light brown.
To convert the measurement, please use the Conversion tool here.
You Might Also Like These Recipes Below:
Sign Up for Email Updates
Enter your email for new updates: recipes, giveaways, and more!