Ever since I learned how to make garlic herb cheese bombs, my son is hooked on them for his snack.
I love it that he likes to eat cheese, at least I know he is getting good nutrition from cheese.
The problem is that he is starting to get bored with the cheese bombs and asked for something else to bring to his school.
So I made these garlic butter cheesy crescent rolls and he loved them.
In fact, he said that he loves these crescent rolls better than cheese bombs now.
I have to agree, I think they are indeed better with the flakier dough.
I learned the recipe from The Comfort of Cooking, but changed things up and simplify the recipe.
I am all about easy and simple recipes…after all, we are mostly busy moms who have to take care of a zillion family things and chores every single day.
I am fine with instant dough; not everything has to be made from scratch.
I used Pillsbury original crescent rolls for the recipe.
You basically just roll out the dough, and then tuck the mozzarella cheese stick onto it.
Fold on both sides and roll to form a croissant shape.
Brush the top with some garlic herb butter, shove them into the oven, and you’ll have the most amazing cheesy crescent rolls.
The key is to eat these babies when they are fresh off the oven because the melted mozzarella cheese comes oozing out like a lava, and straight into your mouth.
Oh so good!!
My son asked for three after his school and finished all of them.
The next morning, he ate another two for his breakfast and packed two for his school snack.
This recipe is easy peasy and even I don’t mind having them.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 166 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Garlic Butter Cheesy Crescent Rolls Recipe
Garlic Butter Cheesy Crescent Rolls - amazing crescent rolls loaded with Mozzarella cheese and topped with garlic butter, takes 20 mins!!!
- 1 8 oz. can refrigerated crescent rolls (I used Pillsbury)
- 4 strings mozzarella cheese cut into halves
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Combine the melted butter with garlic and parsley, stir to mix well.
- 3Unroll the crescent rolls and separate into triangles. Place a string cheese horizontally at the bottom of the triangle, fold in the sides and roll up to form a croissant-shaped rolls. Brush the top with the garlic herb butter.
- 4Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.