This week, my contributor CP Choong is back with a beautiful cake—lemon cream cake.
Have you seen a better looking cake?
As a non-baker, this lemon cream cake is probably one of the best looking cakes I have set my eyes on.
So much so that I just wanted to grab it from my screen and eat it.
It was baked with a swirl shape bundt pan and it was simply gorgeous!
Anyway, this is basically a butter cake with a little twist, using the French Genoise technique, which means that the cake is made using the sponge cake method and butter is added towards the end, unlike the traditional creaming of butter and sugar first.
Cream is also used in the recipe so the cake is moist.
As its name suggest, this lemon cream cake is flavored with lemon zest from three lemons and some lemon juice, infusing the cake with a very nice citrusy and lemony aroma, which is enticing to the taste buds.
If you love cakes, I think this lemon cream cake recipe will be great for you and your family.
The prep time is only 30 minutes and the ingredients are simple, everyday ingredients.
You just have to get a bundt pan if you want your cake to look as pretty as the pictures here.
Happy baking and have a good weekend!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 569 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 5 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 lemons, finely grated zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Butter and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. (I used a bundt pan)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the eggs, sugar and salt, beat until thick and a light lemon color.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Gently stir the flour mixture into the egg and sugar mixture a little at a time, blend well.
- Blend in the cream and melted butter and then stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Remove to a rack to cool for about 5 minutes, then turn the cake out onto the rack to cool completely.
I used a swirl bundt pan, the baking time slightly longer than stated above.
Serve the cake with berries, a simple fruit sauce or lemon sauce.
Serving Size6 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 569Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 8gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 166mgSodium 77mgCarbohydrates 94gFiber 1gSugar 61gProtein 9g