It’s Labor Day weekend this week and I am sure many of you are throwing one last summer party before Fall arrives and the weather becomes colder.
I have shared many summer recipes with you this year and I hope you have had a chance to try them out.
I have two more recipes that will complete this summer. Let’s start with this lemongrass beef skewers that I absolutely love.
Everything tastes better when they are threaded onto a stick and grilled over fire.
I am a huge fan and I hope you like it, too.
This Vietnamese-inspired beef skewers are marinated with fish sauce, lemongrass, shallots, and garlic.
When you have these ingredients in your meat marinade, you are pretty much going to have some deeply flavorful meat.
The fire will do its magic to char the meat and seal in the juicy flavor, and the end result is sure to please.
As you know, grilled beef is dark, so I garnished these lemongrass beef skewers with some crushed peanuts and sautéed scallions (green onion), just like how most Vietnamese restaurants serve them.
The beef skewer is tasty enough so you don’t actually need any dipping sauce.
Try this lemongrass beef skewers recipe before summer ends, and I am sure you would want to have them again and again after this year.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 73 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1.5 pounds (0.6 kg) top sirloin steak
- 20-22 wooden skewers
- 1/3 cup minced fresh lemongrass, white part only
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup roasted peanut, crushed
- 1/4 cup slightly sautéed scallion
- Slice the steak into small thin pieces approximately 3/4" square and 1/4" thick.
- Combine all the ingredients for the Marinade. Add the Marinade to the meat and mix well. Marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. Insert the meat through the wooden skewers.
- Heat up the grill. Grill the meat for at least 2-3 minutes on each side, or until desired tenderness.
- Garnish the Lemongrass Beef Skewers with bits of crushed peanuts and sautéed scallion before serving.
To make the sautéed scallion, heat up a non-stick pan with 2 teaspoons cooking oil. When the oil is hot, add in the 1/4 chopped scallions. Add salt to taste. Slightly sautéed for 1 minute.
Serving Size22 skewers
Amount Per Serving Calories 73Total Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 18mgSodium 273mgCarbohydrates 4gSugar 2gProtein 7g