Chinese New Year is one week away and for the past week, I have been busy making all the Chinese New Year cookies, munchies and snacks for the celebration.
Other than that, I have been crazy shopping for new clothes for little G (it’s a tradition that we wear new attire on the first day of Chinese New Year!), plus crazy spring cleaning the entire house.
These crispy, addictive and delicious peanut puffs are one of the popular Chinese New Year munchies.
Loaded with sweet ground peanut, wrapped up in a pastry dough and deep-fried to golden perfection, they are quite a treat.
Once you have one, you just can’t stop.
Try this recipe this year, and I am sure your family and guests will love you just so much more!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 141 calories per serving.
What To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 3 cups (300 g) cake flour, sifted
- 3 1/2 tablespoons (50 g) unsalted butter, soften
- 20 ml peanut oil, or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (50 g) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- oil for deep frying
- 1 oz. (30 g) white sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup (40 g) roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup (50 g) sugar
- Mix all the ingredients of Pastry Dough well to form a smooth, soft dough.
- Heat up a pan, toast the sesame seeds on a medium to low heat until they are slightly golden brown. Set aside.
- In a blender, lightly ground the roasted peanuts into a course texture. Transfer the peanuts into a bowl, add the sesame seeds and sugar. Stir to mix well.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the Pastry Dough into a thin sheet. Use a 1-3/4 inch cookie cutter to cut the pastry into rounds. Take 1/2 teaspoon of the Peanut Filling and place it onto the center of a pastry round. Fold in half, pinch and press to seal tight. You may fold the edges to form into a puff shape as pictured above.
- Heat up a pot with the oil and deep fry the peanut puffs in batches, until they turn golden brown. Remove with with a strainer or slotted spoon and drained on a plate lined with paper towels. Let cool before storing in an air-tight container.
Serving Size20 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 141Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 21mgSodium 17mgCarbohydrates 19gSugar 5gProtein 3g