Mini Spring Rolls – the perfect snack for Lunar New Year. Filled with chicken floss and deep-fried, so yummy!!
One of the Chinese New Year goodies I love to eat is mini spring rolls filled with bits of pork, chicken, or shrimp floss.
They are the crispiest munchies for the festivities and my nieces love making them as they always have so much fun assembling, rolling, frying, and then eating the mini spring rolls.
I am happy that my contributor Siew Loon volunteered to share her recipe.
The best time to make them is now so they remain crunchy for the New Year.
It is 2 weeks before the we usher in the year of the Dragon.
I have been busy with spring cleaning and also listing out the goodies which I would like to bake.
Mini Spring Rolls have always been a very popular savoury snack as it is light and crispy.
I have always liked the mini spring rolls with chicken or pork floss filling as it is tasty and easy to do.
Of course you can wrap it with any filling of your choice like Dried Prawn Cili (Sambal Heh Bee) or ground peanuts if you like it to be a sweet snack.
This is an easy to do snack and eat it fresh.
Do not keep too long as it will lose its crispiness.
More Lunar New Year Goodies:
|Pineapple Tarts||Peanut Cookies|
|Cornflake Cookies||Kuih Bahulu|
|Kuih Bangkit||Pineapple Rolls (Nastar)|
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 343 calories per serving.
Mini Spring Rolls with Chicken Floss Recipe
Mini Spring Rolls - the perfect snack for Lunar New Year. Filled with chicken floss and deep-fried, so yummy!!
- 1 packet frozen spring roll skin (medium size) (40 pcs)
- 100 g ready made chicken or pork floss
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, for egg wash
- oil, for deep frying
- 1Cut each of the spring roll wrappers into 4. Lay the skin on a flat surface. Put 1 teaspoon of the chicken floss at the center of the skin. Fold in the two sides and roll it up tightly. Seal the edges with the egg wash.
- 2Heat up your wok with enough cooking oil. Once the oil is fully heated up, fry the mini spring rolls on medium heat until golden brown. It takes about 3-5 minutes. Dish out and drain the oil. Leave to cool. Make sure the spring rolls are completely cool before keeping it in airtight container. This will ensure that the spring rolls remain crispy.