Other Recipes You Might Like
He just loves eggs and tomatoes so much, the combination makes the dish extra appetizing and super delicious for him. The happiest moment being a mother—especially if your child is a picky eater—is when your child absolutely enjoys the food you make…I am no exception.
Every time I make tomato eggs, he would gobble them up and he would tell me in Chinese “mmm, hao hao chi wo” (好好吃喔）, or “mmm, so yummy!”
We just love the goofy way he says it whenever he eats the eggs, and his cute little voice as he expresses appreciation of the great tasting dish.
We love his expression so much that we recorded a video, just so we can watch it later and show it to him when he is all grown up!
However, for Mr. Rasa Malaysia and I, we do get bored eating the same dish twice a week, so I decided to change it up a little bit by adding tofu, after I saw the recipe on my friend’s Taiwanese cookbook.
This tomato and tofu eggs taste even better, with the addition of chicken broth and ketchup in the recipe. The tofu is such a great addition and we absolutely enjoyed it. Needless to say, my son loved it as usual.
Tomato and tofu egg is a really simple dish to make…it’s humble, homey, but every bit mouthwatering and delicious. It’s one of those dishes that epitomizes the greatness of home cooking.
Nothing fancy, with everyday ingredients you can get at any regular stores, takes only 15-20 minutes to make, but all your family members will absolutely enjoy this perfect egg and tofu dish. Happy cooking!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 253 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 3-4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 oz. (115 g) soft tofu, cut into pieces
- 2 stalk scallion, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Heat up a wok and add half the oil. When the wok is fully heated, pour the beaten eggs into the wok and cook. Use a spatula to break up the eggs into moderate-sized pieces. Dish out and set aside.
- Combine all the Sauce ingredients together, stir to mix well. In the same wok, add the remaining oil. When the oil is heated, transfer the tofu into the wok and lightly pan-fry on both sides. Add in the tomatoes and stir around until they are softened, then add the Sauce, stir to combine well, and stir in the eggs. Do a few quick stir so the eggs are nicely coated with the sauce. Add the chopped scallion, dish out and serve immediately.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 253Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 13gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 163mgSodium 340mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 9g