Brandy Butter Cake with Prunes
and Updates on Facebook Daily!
Brandy Butter Cake with Prunes Recipe
Makes one 8 x 8 x 2-inches cake
2 and 1/3 stick (250g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
7 oz (200g) cake flour or all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
7 oz (200g) granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 tablespoons fresh milk/yoghurt/heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoons brandy
3 oz prunes, cut into raisin-sized pieces + 1 tablespoon flour (mix together)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Lightly grease an 8 x 8 x 2 inches square cake pan with some butter.
3. Mix the flour and the baking powder together and sieve. Add in salt and mix well. Set aside.
4. Use an electronic beater to mix butter and sugar until well combined or pale yellow in color. (Note: Sugar has not dissolved yet).
5. Add in the first egg. Beat well after each addition of egg until creamy.
6. Scrape down the sides for even mixing.
7. Add in vanilla essence, brandy, and mix well.
8. Fold in the flour into the mixture and mix well.
9. Finally, add in the milk (or yoghurt/heavy cream) and fold in the prunes. Mix well.
10. Pour the mixture into the greased baking pan. Shake it lightly to distribute cake mixture evenly.
11. Bake until golden brown and cooked, about 40 minutes. Use a cake tester to test if it’s cooked.
12. Remove it from the oven and let cool on the wire rack for another 5 minutes. Serve warm.
If you use yoghurt or heavy cream instead of milk, your cake will be extra moist.
You Might Also Like These Recipes Below:
Sign Up for Email Updates
Enter your email for new updates: recipes, giveaways, and more!