Kuih Dadar (Kuih Tayap)
Kuih Dadar/Kuih Tayap Recipe
Pandan Crepe with Coconut Filling
5 pandan leaves, chopped
3-4 tablespoons water
300ml coconut milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoon pandan juice
90g Gula Melaka (Malaysian palm sugar)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 pandan leaf, knotted
50 ml water
1/2 grated coconut (white part only)
1 tsp corn starch
- Combine the pandan leaf and water in an electronic blender and blend for a minute. Wrap the pandan in a cheese cloth or muslin cloth and squeeze to extract the juice or strain through a fine sieve. Set aside.
- Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the center and crack in the egg. Slowly stir in the salted coconut milk and 3 tablespoons pandan juice. Set aside.
- Break up the palm sugar and combine with the sugar, pandan leaf and water in a pot. Cover over a medium flame until sugar dissolves. Strain the syrup and return it to the pot. Add in the grated coconut and corn starch and continue to cook for a few minutes. Dish out into a bowl.
- Heat up a shallow frying pan over a low flame and grease lightly with oil. Pour 2 tablespoons of the batter in the center and swirl the pan to coat it form a thin crepe of about 13 cm in diameter.
- When the crepe is cooked, transfer it onto a chopping board.
- Place 2 heaped teaspoons of filing on the crepe and roll it up like a spring roll.
- Serve immediately.
Sign Up for Email Updates
Enter your email for new updates: recipes, giveaways, and more!