Black forest cupcakes – your favorite cake in a petite cupcake size. Amazing and delicious!
Growing up, one of the cakes that I loved the most was Black Forest cake.
I guess I was always tempted by the dark and chocolate cake topped with cream.
Plus, Black Forest cake always looks so pretty with so many cherries that I just want to have a bite of the cake, and the cherries!
Now think of the same deliciousness, in the form of cupcakes.
That’s exactly what I have for you today: Black Forest cupcakes!
I saw this recipe and photos on my contributor’s Facebook page and I just had to ask her to share the Black Forest Cupcakes recipe here with us.
The texture of this cupcake is lighter compared to the regular Black Forest Cake.
It’s perfect as an afternoon tea, with a cup of coffee or tea.
I especially love the hidden treasure inside the cupcake, which is the cherry pie filling and the fresh cherry.
The top is fluffy whipped cream and shredded chocolate.
Anyway, each bite is just delightful, and you will just love how it looks.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 158 calories per serving.
Black Forest Cupcakes Recipe
Black forest cupcakes - your favorite cake in a petite cupcake size. Amazing and delicious. Get the recipe now.
- 40 g corn oil (1.5 oz.)
- 10 g cocoa powder (0.4 oz.)
- 70 g chocolate (2.5 oz.)
- 45 ml water
- 40 g cake flour (preferred) or all-purpose flour (1.5 oz.)
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 30 g sugar (1 oz.)
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- fresh cherries
- whipping cream
- 1Preheat oven to 180C (356F) and lined muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- 2Heat up corn oil, remove from heat and add in cocoa powder and chocolate, stir until chocolate melted.
- 3Add in water, flour and egg yolks, well mixed and set aside.
- 4Beat egg whites with cream of tartar and sugar in a large mixing bowl till peak form, fold the meringue into the egg yolk mixture in 3 batches till fully incorporated.
- 5Pour the batter into the lined muffin pan and bake in preheated oven for 25 mins. Remove the cupcakes from oven once it is cooked and cool completely on a wire rack.
- 6From the top of the cupcake, make a small hole in the center of each cupcake, and brush the canned cherry syrup in the hole, then stuff a canned cherry inside it.
- 7Squeeze whipped cream on top of the cupcake and garnish with fresh cherry and shredded chocolate.
Use baking chocolate for this recipe, or chocolate with 32%, 55%, 64% and 72% cocoa in the chocolate. The taste will be richer with higher percentage of cocoa.
This cupcake recipe is not very sweet. If you like it sweeter, please add more sugar.