This black pepper chicken is inspired from my love for black pepper, and how much I love it in my Asian stir-fries.
Think black pepper crab, black pepper beef (served on a sizzling hot plate!), and black pepper in the many concoctions that ultimately add depth and awesomeness to the dish. How can you not love black pepper?
Moving on, it was clear there was a dish I just had to try next.
Chinese Black Pepper Chicken
Consequently, I made this chicken for dinner last night. While it was a very spontaneous recipe, it was an instant hit with my family. I had a chicken breast, a bag of onions, and a green bell pepper in the fridge.
It’s as delicious as black pepper beef, with the wonderful flavor and aromatic black pepper and the savory sauce coating each piece of chicken.
Furthermore, it’s super easy to make!
For the best turn out on this recipe, follow these tips:
- The sliced onions lend a natural sweetness and help tone down the heat from the black pepper
- This recipe goes extremely well with rice, or even tortilla, for an Asian-inspired taco!
Best Black Pepper Chicken Recipe
Below is my black pepper chicken recipe, a painless 30-minute recipe that anyone can prepare at home. In fact, it took me 20 minutes from prep to finish and dinner is ready in a jiffy.
In short, you need to make this recipe today!
If you have a sizzling hot plate like the ones at a restaurant, feel free to serve it on the hot plate for extra sizzles and I am sure you will love this recipe even more.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 302 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 8 oz. (226 g) skinless and boneless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon freshly milled black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, use 1 tablespoon to marinate the chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Maggie seasoning
- Marinate the chicken strips with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce for 10 minutes.
- Heat up a pan or skillet and add the oil. When the oil is heated, add the sliced onion and quickly stir-fry until aromatic and follow by the bell pepper and black pepper. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in the chicken and continue to stir-fry until the chicken is cooked. Add in the soy sauce, sugar, Maggi sauce. Stir to combine all the ingredients well. Serve the black pepper chicken with warm steamed rice.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 302Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 72mgSodium 1141mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 27g