Chinese Black Pepper Beef
Everyone loves a quick and easy beef stir-fry, especially Chinese beef stir-fry.
This quick and easy pepper steak is from my cookbook Easy Chinese Recipes.
Ingredients to make Black Pepper Steak
- Black Pepper
- Red and Green Bell Peppers
- Soy Sauce
- Oyster Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Chinese Rice Wine
- Sesame Oil
If you love the taste and texture of caramelized onion, stir-fry it a little long so the beef (steak) soaks up all the flavors.
Be generous with the black pepper like I do, as it completes the flavor of this popular beef stir-fry and delivers the ultimate black pepper beef that everyone loves.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This meal is best served with steamed rice.
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 375 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 8 oz beef tenderloin, flank steak or flap meat, cut into pieces (250 g)
- 2 ½ tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 2.5 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, deseeded and cut into pieces
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, deseeded and cut into pieces
- 1/2 onion, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the beef with all the Marinade ingredients, about 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Stir-fry the beef until the beef is browned on the outside but still pink inside. Dish out and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Stir-fry the garlic and the ginger until aromatic, and then add the green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion, and black pepper. Stir-fry until you smell the aroma from the ingredients in the wok.
- Transfer the beef back into the wok or skillet. Stir-fry until the beef is cooked through and the center of the meat is no longer pink, about 1-2 minutes. Dish out and serve immediately with steamed rice.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 375Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 68mgSodium 344mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 26g