Chinese Sesame Beef
One of the easiest ways to cook beef is Asian stir-fries. All you have to do is to prep the ingredients, heat up your wok, skillet or pan, do a few quick stirs and the dish is ready.
It really doesn’t get any easier than that. An example is this absolutely delicious sesame beef that takes me 15 minutes to make.
Asian stir-fries come together in practically 10-20 active minutes most of the time, and it’s one of the easiest cooking techniques ever – not to mention the amazing results!!
To get restaurant quality tender, smooth, silky pieces of beef, marinate the sliced beef with cornstarch. This process seals the moisture in the beef and makes it so tender after it’s cooked.
Sesame oil is the secret ingredient in this recipe as it lends the super aromatic—and mouthwatering—toasted sesame flavors in the sesame beef.
What is the Best Beef to Use?
If you are pressed for time, you can buy pre-sliced, unseasoned flank steak at supermarkets. If you don’t eat beef, you can replace it with chicken, sliced thinly and you will have an equally delightful dish.
Eating (very) good and homemade Chinese or Asian stir-fries are quicker and easier than you think, not to mention cheaper and much healthier than eating out or takeout.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 280 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. (226 g) flank steak, sliced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 stalks green onion, cut into 2-inch length
- white sesame seeds for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce (optional)
- Marinade the beef with all the Marinade ingredients. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat up a wok or skillet over high heat. Add the sesame oil, swirl to coat. Add the garlic and stir-fry until aromatic or when they turn light brown. Add the beef and stir continuously, for 1 minute. Add the red bell pepper, chili flakes, soy sauce, dark brown sugar, and water. Cook until the sauce slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Add the scallion, do a few quick stirs, dish out, top with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 280Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 68mgSodium 1031mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 26g