Recently I bought some wagyu beef from the market. I used some of the meat to make the ponzu and miso butter steak, and the leftover, I made them into Chinese ginger and scallion beef, which is one of my favorite Chinese beef stir-fry.
The Best Ginger and Scallion Stir-fry
This stir-fry is one of the very first Chinese recipes I learned when I first started cooking.
A Classic Chinese Meal
I love the light oyster-based sauce and a dose of wok hei (breath of wok), which makes the dish so delicious and appetizing.
Just thinking of pairing this ginger and scallion beef with soft, fluffy steamed rice fresh off the rice cooker is making me hungry.
I hope you enjoy this simple and humble dish, which is great for busy moms and perfect as weekday dinner for the entire family as it takes just 15 minutes to prepare this wonderful dish.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 494 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Ginger and Scallion Beef Recipe
Ginger and Scallion Beef – Tender, juicy, and super delicious ginger and scallion beef recipe. Make ginger and scallion beef at home with simple ingredients and 15 minutes.
- 8 oz beef flap meat, beef tenderloin or beef flank steak, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1- inch ginger, peeled and thinly shredded
- 3 stalks scallions, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1Marinate sliced beef with the cornstarch for 10 minutes. Combine all the Sauce ingredients, mix well and set aside.
- 2In a wok, heat up the oil until very high heat, stir-fry shredded ginger until fragrant. Toss in beef slices and continue to stir-fry for a few minutes, or until beef is cooked. Add in the Sauce and stir-fry a couple of times or until the sauce thickens. All scallions, stir dish out and serve with steamed rice.