I can’t believe that Christmas is merely days away and 2013 is practically waiting eagerly around the corner.
This is the last weekend for holiday shopping, last-minute baking, as well as the final days of hosting holiday parties with friends and co-workers.
I am going to share two recipes (ginger soy soba party tray coming soon) that will help you through this very busy weekend.
If you haven’t yet baked anything or are still working on your cookies, this chocolate chip cookie dough truffles will be your life saver.
They are so easy to make: practically no baking involved.
You just have to mix all the ingredients together, freeze them and shape them into balls and decorate them.
These truffles taste and look oh-so-good that no one would not be able to resist having a few of them in their mouth.
Because they are so quick to make, you can then use the time you have this weekend for last minute shopping at the mall, or host your last holiday party before the holidays.
Do try this chocolate chip cookie dough truffles recipe and have a marvelous weekend and enjoy the holidays!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 169 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- 4 oz. (115 g) dark or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 oz. (115 g) chocolate-flavor candy coating, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- sprinkles for decoration, optional
- Line 2 baking sheets with waxed paper.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract until combined. Slowly mix in the flour until just combined. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the miniature chocolate pieces.
- Shape the dough into 3/4"-1" balls and place on the 1st baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- While the cookie dough is in the freezer, use a clean and dry saucepan and heat the chopped chocolate, candy coating and shortening over LOW heat. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from the heat.
- Use 2 forks and roll/dip the ball, one at a time, in the chocolate mixture. Allow the excess chocolate to drip back into the saucepan before placing on the 2nd lined baking sheet. Decorate with sprinkles and chill for 20-30 minutes. Lightly drizzle the truffles with the remaining melted chocolate mixture.
- Store in air tight container and refrigerate.
Make sure all the tools used for melting the chocolate are dry. Even a tiny water droplet will make the chocolate seized (harden) when it is melting. You can also use the double boiler or microwave method to melt the chocolate.
Serving Size20 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 169Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 5gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 9mgSodium 7mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 1gSugar 10gProtein 1g