Remember I told you about my big can of pumpkin?
It was the first time I used canned pumpkin in my kitchen, and I was rather surprised that one big can of pumpkin puree could be used for so many different recipes.
These cream cheese filled pumpkin cupcakes will probably be the last pumpkin recipe this season as I finally ran out of it!
I followed this Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes recipe from Carmel Moments.
I had great success with her amazing pull-apart garlic bread, I had no doubt that these cupcakes would taste amazing, and they were!
The soft and moist pumpkin cupcakes were filled with the rich and sweet cream cheese, so every bite is decadent and sinfully delicious.
I absolutely love these cupcakes.
To make the presentation cute and seasonal, I decorated the cupcakes with the pumpkin-shaped candies.
My son was more interested in eating the candy pumpkins than the cupcakes but it was totally fine for me as I was eating the best part of the cupcakes, the cream cheese filling and the cupcakes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 584 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes Recipe
Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes - rich cream cheese filled inside these amazing pumpkin cupcakes. Every bite is creamy and decadent, so yummy.
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For Cream Cheese Filling:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (4 tablespoons)
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Beat Cream cheese and Butter together for several minutes. Mix in Confectioner's sugar and Vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy. Covered and put in the fridge.
- 1Preheat the oven 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, beat Sugar, Oil, Pumpkin and Eggs until well blended. Combine Flour, Baking soda, Salt, Baking powder and Cinnamon in a small bowl. Gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until well blended.
- 3Line cupcake pan with paper liners. Fill each line three quarters full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- 4Cut a 1 inch by 1 inch circle in the center using a small sharp knife. Set aside cake pieces.
- 5Bring the frosting out, fill hole with frosting and add a little frosting on top. Place a candy pumpkin on top of the frosting. Repeat the same for the rest of the cupcakes.
Adjust the icing stiffness accordingly. Add additional 1 tablespoon of heavy cream if the icing consistency is too stiff or 1/2 cup of confectioners' sugar if the icing is too thin.