Doughnuts and muffins are a staple breakfast treat.
And while having one or the other is plenty, sometimes you are just in the mood for both.
That’s why this Glazed Doughnut Muffins recipe from My Baking Addiction is simply perfect.
It fulfills that craving for a dense, but fluffy muffin and that want for doughnut icing.
Plus, these Glazed Doughnut Muffins are packed with warm spices that wake up the senses early in the morning.
For a fun addition, we added colorful sprinkles right before the icing set.
The sprinkles make these sweet treats oh-so-pretty and such an eye-candy.
Morning blues are no more when you sink your teeth into one of these babies.
Give this glazed doughnut muffins recipe a try.
We know you’ll love them, trust me on that!!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 319 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C). Lightly coat a muffin pan with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, vegetable oil and sugars until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time and beat to combine. Stir in the baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and vanilla. Then, mix the flour into the butter mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with flour.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake the muffins for 15 to 17 minutes, or until the muffins are a pale golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle of one muffin comes out clean.
- In a bowl, prepare the glaze by mixing together the melted butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and water. Whisk until smooth.
- When the muffins have cooled slightly, dip the muffin crowns into the glaze, top with sprinkles and allow the glaze to harden. Serve warm.
The muffins will keep at room temperature for about a day. Store the muffins in an airtight container to keep longer.
Serving Size12 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 319Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 8gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 47mgSodium 249mgCarbohydrates 47gSugar 25gProtein 4g