Super easy matcha cookies recipe that anyone can make.
When I posted the Matcha Roll recipe, I received a few requests from readers asking me to share more green tea (matcha) recipes.
I personally love matcha: its powdery texture, earthy fragrance and aroma, and the subtle nuance it lends to the key ingredients, for example: matcha ice cream, matcha rolls, and in this case, matcha cookies.
So, when you are in the mood of making cookies and wanted to dress up your cookies with a little something, I strongly recommend adding matcha to your recipe.
Just a tablespoon of the magical green powder and your cookies will taste so much different, and better.
For my matcha cookies recipe, I kicked it up a notch by adding some almond slices.
The end result is two dozens of gorgeously baked green-color matcha cookies that are supremely buttery, flaky, yet crunchy with the almond.
They are perfect nibbles on warm summer days, perhaps with some matcha ice cream on the side.
Do you use Matcha in your baking?
If so, I would love to learn from you.
If you have savory recipes for Matcha, please also share your ideas by commenting below.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 76 calories per serving.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick )
- 1/2 cup packed powdered sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds (lightly chopped)
- Sift together the all purpose flour, matcha powder and salt.
- With an electric mixer at medium speed, cream the butter and powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Lower the mixer speed. Add in sifted ingredients 1 tablespoon at a time until dough is formed.
- Add in the sliced almond in 3 batches and stop the mixer immediately once all combined.
- Remove the dough and place on a 22 inches long plastic wrap. Roll the dough into a 1 1/2 inches thick log. Wrap the log with the plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 325°F (162°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment papers.
- Remove the dough from the freezer. Use a sharp knife and cut the dough 1/4 inch thick each. Arrange the cookie dough on the baking pan 2 inches apart.
- Bake them for 14-16 minutes on the middle rack. Remove the cookies to wire rack to cool completely before storing in air tight containers.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.